Swollen lymph nodes. Had wisdom tooth removed. Pus discharge. Is it an infection?

hello, So I got my wisdom teeth out almost 4 months ago. About a week ago I noticed puss from one extraction site so went to my oral surgeon to have him drain it. The next day I had an appointment to have it curretted but that dentist (a different one) said that was not necessary and that I should just continue to rinse with warm salt water. It is now 1 week after that appointment and I am still having puss ooze through the hole if i put pressure on my gums. I am not in pain and there is very minimal swelling . I also have not had a fever nor any swollen lymph nodes. I have a follow up appointment in 1 week to make sure the hole is healing nicely. However because I am concerned about this puss I called the dentist to see about an earlier appointment, they said that the puss is fine it just means the hole is draining. Should I continue to rinse with salt water religiously or insist on an earlier appoinment? I am afraid the hole will close with puss still inside and cause an infection. ll
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013