Swollen lymph node on the back and neck. Sore tender spots on scalp. What is the reason?

About 6 days ago I noticed I had a swollen lymphnode on the back of my neck near the hairline (all on right side) then the bottom of my ear lobe started to feel like it was forming a pimple but did not surface, instead another lump formed causing my ear to split a little and has 2 dark bruised lines, also I have the same lumps a little from my ear and are sore to the point of me not being able to feel the surface when I touch it. My scalp also has clusters of sore tender spots that remind me of what ant bites feel like but more in groups along with there being at least 7 lymph nodes swollen on the back of my neck. I went to the doctor and they did not know what it was but concluded that it was not mono or hiv and was prescribed a z pack but this was before my ear started and before the clusters of sores. Please help me. I have no idea what this could be and neither did the doctor at the hospital. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013