Swollen lymph node, no symptoms. Blood test for mono, strep, thyroid negative. Possible reason?

I ve had a swollen lymph node for just over a month. Went to dr. when it first appeared and she ran bloodwork for Mono, strep , and thyroid , all negative. Next I did an ultrasound , and the radiologist said it looked like it was reacting to something. Now Im awaiting an appt. for a catscan. Should I be nervous, why didnt they even try antibiotics, are they not telling me something? Please , Im a 35 yr old female. No fever, night sweats or any other symptoms. The swelling goes up and down but has been there consistently for just about a month.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013