Swollen lymph node in neck for a year. Previous result showed high hemoglobin. Any ideas?

Ok,
So I"m 45 years of age. I"m fit and healthy. I run alot. A year ago was my last check up. The only thing that concerned my doctor was that my hemoglobin was high. Then my doctor retired and now I have a new one.

About this time, my left Lymph node on my neck swelled up. I first thought that it was a tooth but the dentist ruled that out.

It's been more than a year now and I was just wondering what it could be.
Thanks
Dave
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Hello.
The persistent swelling of a lymph node in the neck with infection ruled out can be due to a reactive lymphadenopathy or due to a metabolic problem. An FNAC of the node will help in proper diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
drtayal72@gmail.com