Swollen lymph node in groin; chancroid ? should this be considered a medical emergency ?

Hi, im a 21yr old female w/a slightly swollen, yet, tender node in my right groin area (the left side has gone down but is still tender). I ve had this for about 2 1/2 wks. Approximately 3 days before this started, the condom ripped during intercourse. I ve finished my Doxycycline and Metronidazole scripts (given to me before test results). The doc insists that I also may have herpes but im sure that its chancroid (which she would not treat me for and insisted i didnt need to be tested for herpes because she knew thts what it was). The swelling has gone down but its still noticable (a little hard, tender, could be easily noticed at a glance) . My doctor simply dismissed this as nothing to worry about my pap 2wks ago; should this be considered a medical emergency ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Feb 2011