Swollen lymph node in arms, painful to touch. Should I be concerned?

Hi Dr. Samuel, I am 45 year old female. I have had swollen lymph nodes in the arms for as long as I can remember. They became really worse and painful when I was pregnant with my first kid. Then after that they would swell up just before every period and become extremely painful. Although the swelling would go away during and after the period, the pain never completely went away. The swelling before period has decreased with age but I still feel slight pain when touched there all the time. Should I be concerned. I did go to my doctor and pointed this out but she said it was nothing to worry about. I personally think it is abnormal. I have never heard anyone else complain of this before. Please advise.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012