Swollen lymph node along jaw line, not reducing in size. Family history of cancer. Cancer symptoms?

Hello, I have a swollen left lymph node located along my jaw line about a centimetre from my ear. it has been swollen for around two months, staying around the same size, and im worried as to what it could be. I am 15 years old, and have a history of cancer in the family, while I myself have chronic bronchitis , but haven t experienced any symptoms for some time. I was just wondering as to if this could be related to that problem or if it could be cancerous?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
thanks for the question.
It would be worth having a doctor examine you to determine if there are any associated symptoms that you could a cancer. Simple tests from a complete blood count, chest X rays and lymph node biopsies could be done to eliminate a possible cancerous origin.
I suggest you visit you family care physician for a proper evaluation and management.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.