Swollen lips after applying hydrogen peroxide on a cut in mouth. How to get relief?

I had a small cut I my mouth, but then I kept biting it and such and it got a little bigger. So later on I decided to put hydrogen peroxide on it to help get rid of any infections, and my lip got so swollen? I put the peroxide on about six hours ago and my lip is still really swollen. How can I get it back to a normal size?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Hydrogen peroxide is not meant for internal application.Your wound inside the lip would have naturally healed or topical local anesthetic could have been used in case of pain.Wash your mouth with plenty of fresh and clean water & do not use hydrogen peroxide.It might take time for the swelling to subside failing which you might consult your doctor.Hope this helps.Take care.