Swollen legs, ankles with sores causing difficulty in walking, low appetite, on lasik and potassium pill. How do I proceed?

My mother s legs and ankles are swollen with minor sores, she went through this a couple of years ago also and we had wounded care nurses out to her home to attend to her. Now she can can barely walk, refuses to go to the hospital and in the last month has barely been eating and sleeps almost all of the time. The only medications she takes is lasik and a pottasium pill . She is 87 years old. What can I expect? I appreciate your time!
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012