Swollen leg after shower with warm water. Cut leg with saw, stitches on leg. Is it normal ?

Hi I m 27 years old and I cut my leg open with a circular electric saw. I cut my muscle, so I received stitches in the interior and exterior of my leg. I ve been icing my leg every day for 25 mins for the past 2 weeks but after I iced it today I then took a shower with warm water and my leg swole up. It felt like a big golf ball, so I want to know if this is normal.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Swelling in the leg after a warm water bath is only incidental. Even if swelling occurs because of warm water, it will be mild. I only hope there is no infection at the site of injury which can result in considerable swelling. You must consult the doctor who stitched you up at the earliest and get the wound examined. There may be some collection as well which should be attended to as soon as possible. Do not keep the leg hanging down as that may also cause swelling. Rest it horizontally on a stool while sitting.