Swollen left jaw muscles, no swelling in teeth or gums, no indentation on pressing. Treatment options?

Hi, my wife have had a swollen left jaw for the last 16 hours or so. She does not feel any pain. Furthermore, the gum is not swollen. The swelling is not very soft. When you press it, there is no resistance n or does it leave any indentation. I am wondering what could be the cause? I first thought it perhaps had to do with her teeth or a gum infection but the gum itself I d not swollen and there us no pain. Any help and recommendation?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013