Swollen knuckle, tenderness post a week, shooting pain on pressing. X-ray necessary?

Hi, I do tae kwon do, and for a grading last week we had to to a suspended break! Unfortunatly the next day my middle knuckle was swollen real bad, i didn t think too much into this. But now its a week on, the swelling has went down but if i clench a fist tight then it is still very tender, also if i clench a fist and place against a wall all the skin and knuckles are flat against the surface, putting my hand in and out of my pocket is very sore as well, and if i press on my knuckle or to the right of it, then i get a shooting pain! was just wornering if a need to go get an x-ray or leave for another week or so to see how it is then?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012