Swollen knees, bruising, difficulty bending knee, inflammation due to fall. Treatment options?

Hi - I came off my bicycle 2 days ago. My knees are very swollen - one is very bruised and the other knee is very bad - the gaze is very itchy and sore I can t bend it easily and it is inflamed. How can I help the healing process? How can I prevent a scar? Should I let the wound scab or not? Do I apply ice or heat? Should it be elevated and how long should I rest for?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

Unfortunately mentioned by you home remedies may not be effective and medical attention seems necessary. It is because in your knee most likely there is a fluid which needs to be drained. Otherwise, inflammation can destroy the joint. Moreover, antiinflammatory medicines and antibiotics might be necessary. Knee ultrasound seems to be necessary as well.
At home you should apply ice in short periods (like 5 minutes), put your legs upper.

Hope this will help.