Swollen knee with pain, restricts movement. Is it a safe to just immobilize and ice it?

I Had Knee to knee contact in a soccer game , I sat out for 5 mins , then went in to play again Untill the pain was real bad . originally i had full range of movement after the injury. Now my knee is swollen on the top and sides are swollen restriced my movent. i can only bend my knee about 15-20 degrees right now and the pain is pretty bad. Ido not have medical insurance. Is it a safe move to just immobilize and ice it?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012