Swollen knee, pain on walking, urge to pop shin, ankle, toe joints. Help?

Hello, I am a 58 yr old woman. and my knee has een swollen and it has been very painful to walk or even put on shoes, clothing... then ankle, shin, joint of big toe feels like it needs to pop...? it has been 6 weeks. sometimes it feels like it is starting to get better... then i walk more, do more and it gets bad again..?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Hi Ma'am,

From the sketchy information, it seems that you have either osteoarthritis with acute swelling of the knee joint; or, it may be an acute attack of gout (since the joints of the great toe too are affected).

Consult your treating doctor who will order for Serum Uric Acid test and, if required, CT scan of the knee joint. Depending on the findings of these tests, he will prescribe appropriate medicines.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal