Swollen jaws, soreness, swollen lymph nodes, inflammation, painful face. What is going on?

I went to the dentist to get a very minor filling on Friday afternoon. Sunday, I noticed my mouth, throat, lymph nodes on that side of my neck, left side of my jaw were swollen and crazy sore. I went pack to the dentist yesterday, the first appointment that I could get, and he told me that I had inflamation from the novacaine injection and told me to take motrin. I think I need antibiotics. I feel terrible, like I have the flu. My face hurts. The tooth with the filling feels fine though. How can I get this to get better?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013