Swollen, itchy fingers and back of hand after excessive use of clippers, swelling passing to wrist, using cortizone. What else can be used?

I was cutting the grass on friday sep. 7 and was trimming the edges of the grass with the clippers with my right hand . Now the back of my right hand and fingers are swollen and itchy. The swellen has moved up some passed my wrist . Right now I am using cortizone but it s still itchy, swollen and when I make a fist it fells tight..Would you recommend another type of ointment or should I see a Dr. on sept. 9.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012