Swollen itchy eye lids. Not responding to benadryl, cortisone. How to reduce the swelling?

i have swollen eye lids, it looks like i have a black eye but its red instead of black. My eye lids are itchy but not my eyes, also my eyes are not red or irritated at all. ive tryed benadryl several times with no relief, as well as cortisone cream and calimine lotion around the eye lids. i went to the doctor and he said it was allergies and prescribed some over the counter eye drops that didnt provide any relief. i normally dont have allergies at all. any ideas to reduce the swelling and redness around my eyes?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012