Swollen, hard lymph nodes behind ear, no pain, itching in ear. Is it worrisome?

Hi, I have two swollen lymph nodes behind my right ear. They are both hard and do not hurt. I just discovered them about an hour ago. I have been feeling some itchiness/irritation in that ear for a few days now, but had not noticed the lymph nodes prior to this evening. I am now feeling a lot more discomfort inside that ear. I don t know if the problem inside my ear is worsening or if I m just imaging that it is worsening since I have now discovered the swollen lymph nodes. The lymph nodes themselves are hard and painless. One is about the size of a pea and the other is about the size(diameter) of a dime. I already have an, unrelated, appointment to see a doctor on September 13th. However, I m wondering if I should schedule an earlier appointment or should I just wait until my appointment on the 13th.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012