Swollen hand with joint pain, difficulty in gripping, red streaks from palm to finger tips, brown knuckles. What is the cause?

swollen right hand , pain in the joints of my hands makeing it impossible to touch or grip anything, so swollen feels like it may pop. red streaks from palm to finger tips but that went away. knuckles look like they are light brown and this is very painfull. my bottom lip was swollen for 3 days and the other symptoms have been scince tuesday
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012

I have studied your case.
As per your history and presentation there is possibility of systemic autoimmune diseases which is involving multiple parts.
ANA is positive in many auto immune diseases you may need to further investigate like,dsDNA, ssDNA Anti Scl-70 Anti-nRNP
may help.

You may need to consult rheumatologist for ruling out various autoimmune diseases.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.