Swollen hand, painful wrist, possibility of gout. Some relief with paracetamol. Permanent cure?

I woke up one night with a swollen hand , I was told it could be gout , the swelling made my wrist painful and made using my hand difficult. After a few days it then moved to my other hand and shoulder and it is making things hard to use my hands for washing and everyday usage.I am taking paracetamol for the pain which is helping but the pain is now in my shoulder and although the swelling in my hands have gone down I still find it difficult to open jars
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013