Swollen hair and sores on scalp. Is it due to infected utensils? Need oral medication?

for several years now i have been developing sores on my scalp . they begin with swollen hair follicls and become infected. if i scratch them and burst them a scab will form. that will dry up and a flake off but with in days and others will form i believe these sores began after a visit to a barber. i believe there was a mix up and infected utensils were used on me. i have tried ; head and shoulders, selsun and nizoral it keeps coming back. hydrogen peroxide seems to slow it down. 10 years ago i developed lichen planea and was prescribed celestoderm v i recently discovered a bit of that ointment left and have tried that. it has some effect . i am beginning to think i may need some kind of oral medication to rid myself of this curse i
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012