Swollen gums and glands, sore throat. Have canker sores. On antibiotics. Need to ease the pain

Hi I woke up on Sunday with badly swollen gums I've been using corsodyl mouth wash and gargelling with diluted tcp. as I also had a sore throat and swollen glands, now I seem to have numerous canker sores in my mouth (gums, inner lip and tongue) it is so painful and I am not able to eat...I went to the doctor and she didn't know what it was so has put me on a course of antibiotics. Is there anything else I can do to ease the pain?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013