Swollen glands behind ears, chronic condition, hairfall

my daughter is experiencing swollen glands behind her ears not the first time has been happening for years now.we notice each time the gland swell her hair starts to come out especially around the edges.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding swollen glands behind the ears along with hair fall.

As you have told that enlarged glands behind the ears are a chronic condition and there are episodes of enlargement of glands, whenever there is glandular enlargement automaticaly hair fall follows. All these part of your story favours that your scalp may be diseased and the enlarged nodes should be investigated by FNAC to find out the real pathology behind it.

I would like to suggest you to please consult any dermatologist for further management.