Swollen glands and tongue with pain,fever,tiredness,viral throat infection

I have had swollen glands and tongue with pain and feeling very tired with a low grade fever, I went to the er last night, they say I have a viral throat infection. Since it is a virus I was told I can t get antibiotics. I have been drinking a lot of water and juice and rested all day today, I have been taking pain meds when my pain has gotten too much to handle. I was wondering did I get the right diagnosis, and do I need to get a second opinion? Thanks for your advice
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012