Swollen glands and nose bleed after stopping medication for sinus problem. Done sinus surgery. Can I take Advil for pain?

I have a history of Sinus Infections. I had Sinus surgery years ago and have had many infections since. Last month, I was prescribed ratio-aclavulante 875 by my doctor. After a few days, the pain went away and being stupid, i did not finish the script. I woke up this morning with swollen glands and sinus s killing me again, blowing blood out of nose , etc. I started the prescription again, but have a lot of pain in the left lower jaw and gland. Can I take advil for the pain while waiting for the medicine to take affect?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012