Swollen gland in cheek, throbbing pain. Have high cholesterol and ovarian cyst. Is there any relation?

Hello, I have what feels like a swollen gland in my right cheek for a year now. The dentist didn t seem to think it was a salivary stone, but suggested I try eating/sucking lemons to see if it would help. I did so, but nothing seemed to happen. I then saw a general physician for other symptoms (very bad fatigue , jaw stiffness , dizziness, vertigo , brain fog...), and he too saw and felt the swollen gland, but didn t seem to think much of it. My cholesterol was high, vitamin D was low, and he treated me for what he thought was a UTI with Cipro, and D3 supplements for the deficiency. Later it was determined that I didn t have a UTI after all. Apparently, the initial test results were wrong. By the time I got the results from the follow up culture, I had already taken 6 days worth of Cipro. It s been two months since I took the antibiotic, but I still have the above symptoms, but to a lesser degree. My gland is still swollen, and occasionally, I get a throbbing pain in that cheek. I don t know if the swollen gland is related to any of this, and frankly, I m still unsure of what s causing everything else as well. I do notice that my symptoms seem to get worse throughout my cycle. I recently started getting ovarian cysts as well, but I m not sure if this is related either. I m just not sure where to go from here. Thanks in advance for any direction. Patricia
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012