Swollen gland below the jaw, stiff tongue, pain in the mouth. On antibiotics. What is this?

I have a stiff tongue swollen gland below the left jaw and pain the left ear.. It started with my teeth rubbing against my the back of my mouth. Next terrible pain occurred in my mouth, back and side of my mouth, and there are some white socks under my tongue. I went to the doctor, he said I had a nodule at the back of my tongue and gave me nothing for it. The pain was getting wors, so I had to see a doctor again. This time he gave me antibiotic and asked to take painkillers. Today I got up and my tongue is stiff and it is difficult to speak.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding swollen gland below the jaw, Stiff tongue and pain on speaking and swallowing.

Your complaints clearly shows that you are having pathology at the base of tongue, it may be any infective lesion as blister or ulcer. Sharp edges of last molars are also sometimes hurts the tongue and giving these type of symptoms.

Presence of node below the jaw should be considered carefully because it may be simply because of infection at posterior part of tongue and such infective nodes always responds to antibiotic. If after the course of antibiotic nodes persist than consultation with ENT doctor will be necessary for thorough examination of your pharynx and relevant investigations.