Swollen gland below the jaw bone. Suffering from flu and stomach infection. Pinkish bumps on the tonsils. What should be causing this?

hi I have a what seems to be a swollen gland or node under my left jaw bone....I was sick with flu , and immediately following getting better, I seemed to pick up a stomach virus from my brother that kept me a bit more ill for about a week and a half longer, but my left gland has remained swollen. I did have puss on my tonsils while being sick and the left tonsil has been quite red. I have slight discomfort where the gland is swollen but the discomfort only seems to bother me when I notice it. Im scheduling another apt with my doctor tomorrow. Separate from the left side, my right tonsil seems to have these raised pink bumps on it. one on and one right above slightly larger. no pain comes from either tonsil currently, and im no longer experiencing symptoms of infection for a little over a week now any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013