Swollen forearm, upper arm, clavicle, neck and ear discomfort, overweight, hysterectomy done

I have had swollen and tender areas on right forearm , and upper arm, swollen above right clavicle and limited range of movement of arm to my back (increasingly) for about five weeks. Cannot sleep on right side at night without arm, shoulder pain. Then new involvement to neck and ear discomfort. Am 68 yrs and became overweight (5 6 and 200lbs) in the last 15 years, post hysterectomy . Swimming ( range of motion and very gentle breast stroke) doesn t seem to help nor aggravate this. What could this be? Family doc is not concerned, but I am getting frustrated and worried. It came on fairly quickly, as all of a sudden, or so it seems, I had trouble getting bra on/off, for example. Any suggestion would be much appreciated
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012