Swollen foot, painful, no injury. X-ray report normal. How o get it cured?

Hi, I have had a swollen 2nd toe for about two and half months, also the ball of the foot and the surface on top are swallen. Even walking is painful and difficult, and I ve been limping around putting most weight on the outside of the foot to compensate. Nothing is broken cause I ve had 2 xrays done... I do not recall any specific injury that occurred - I just woke up one morning and saw that my toe was enlarged. Two days before that I had possibly hurt my toe a little walking a long distance in new high-heeled boots. How can I treat his and get rid of the swelling? Thanks K
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013