Swollen foot, black dot on swollen area, itchy, feels warm, used cortisone cream, no fever. Concerned

My daughters foot is swollen(aprox. 1 by 1 ) with slight discoloration(aprox. 2 by 3 ). In the middle of the swollen area is a blackish dot. We drew a line around the area last night at 5:30pm. it has not grown outside of that area. She says it hurts and itches. It also feels warm, which makes me think its infected. My concern is that it could be a bite of some kind. She does not have any other signs or symptoms. No fever no headache no dizziness no SOB. No blistering no oozing. We put cortisone cream on it and helped the itching and some of the redness. My other thought is its a splinter but I dont feel a splinter. Oh its also hard at the black dot and gets soft in the swollen area
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012