Hello Ms Marilyn,
Goof Off contains a strong solvent xylene along with 2-ethanol
. The problems usually appear after prolonged use in poorly ventilated areas. It can be dangerous if inhaled.
Your friend has an allergic reaction
to contents of Goof Off. Do not expose any further to Goof Off or any product containing xylene. You should get her seen by a doctor at the earliest, so that anti-allergy
medication along with appropriate antibiotics can be started without further delay. If you wait, she may be in for much more trouble. This is an emergency.
In future she must be very cautious in handling paints, solvents, and cleaning chemicals. Avoid direct contact by using a pair of gloves to handle any of these.
Hope your friend gets better of her allergy. Thanks a lot for using healthcaremagic.com