Swollen feet following an infected wound post abrasion. Used neosporin, taken docy-cycl hycl. Is it normal?

Hello. I had a pretty bad abrasion on a plastic turf field about 5 days ago on my right shin. The wound was pretty big about 5-6in long and 3in wide. I only applied some home remedy medicine and let it dry. On day 3, I started seeing some discharge so I went to a clinic and they cleaned it up and put neosporin all over the wound and gave me some docy-cycl hycl. When I tried to change the dressing, I noticed that all around the affected area, my skin was all wet in slimey yellow stuff. I called the clinic and they said it was expected because my wound was infected and a mixture of neosporin will do that. Today I noticed that my feet was swelling . Is this normal? what should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012