Swollen feet, ankles and tight skin after hip replacement. Causes ?

Since returning home from a recent hospitalization for a hip replacement , my feet and ankles have remained swollen and the skin feels very tight. What would be causing this? Normally when I watch TV I sit in a lounge chair, but since the surgery my macular degeneration has become much worse and I have to sit right in front of the TV to see the screen. My feet are not elivated like they were in the past. Could this cause the problem?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012