Swollen face with bruising after an injury. Pain in the jaw while opening the mouth. Should I get an X-ray?

i was punched on the side of my face in front of my ear and above my ear three times last friday by my ex. my face swelled up but luckily very little bruising ..since then my swelling went down but my jaw aches on both sides and if i open my mouth it almost feels locked on the side it was hit. i havent gone to a doctor or anything. will this heal or should i get an x-ray done on my jaw just in case and by a dentist or doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013