Swollen face under eye causing bags, lids and cheeks swollen, lips numb after takin Novicain. Reasons ?

I have a condition that started maybe a couple of months ago and it occurs after sleeping or taking a nap...and it doesnt happen every night but atleast several times a face seems to become swollen around the eyes (above and lower) so I have bags under my eyes and the lids are swollen... and my cheeks also feel like they are swollen similiar to the feeling after going to the dentist where lips are partially numb after taking novicain.. does this have to do with my body not draining fluids thru the lymp glands properly...? I have had to start sleeping upright on the lounge chair especially if I need to go out the next day so to reduce the risk of having swollen eyes that are very noticeable...
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
You seems to be having depended is nothing to do with eye problem.Your cardiac status ,Kidney status and anaemic status have to be checked.