Swollen face, pain in face. Possible infection inside nose at sinuses. Will it heal on its own?

Yes, thank you. I hope. My dad blew his nose really hard, which caused a small knot to come up beside his eye (between eye and nose, are where tears come from). He pressed on it extremely hard and has had eye and face swelling since. Swelling is from eyelid to bottom of cheek. He has pain all over that side of his face and head. We went to a Dr. at a local clinic today. She agreed to give him a shot of antibiotics and a prescription, with the understanding that if it isn t better by morning we should go to the ER. From there they would contact an ENT specialist and probably take X-Rays. She suggested that his life could be in danger due to possible infection inside the nose at sinuses. I didn t think to ask the Dr. if the shot and prescription would not take care of the infection. I guess I really haven t ask a question yet. Not really sure which one to ask first. If we just wait it out to see if it gets better, what kind of risk are we taking? Will it heal on its own? My dad is very against going to the doctor anyway.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013