Swollen face, itchiness, redness, dryness after using La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. Allergic to benzoyl peroxide?

ok so I used a product called la roche posay effaclar duo. It was a trial size packet and I didnt even use half of it. I applied it on my face, then not too long after added lotion and makeup. Everything was fine, no burning nothing. About 8 hours late my face started to swell, I took a benadryl and a cold shower, about 12 hours later I went to the ER because my face was swelling to the point where I could barely open my eyes. They said just keep taking benadryl and apply cold packs. So I did, now three days later the swelling has decreased, but my skin is itchy, red and dry. Everything I put on it, lotion and aloe vera just burn! I don t get it because the main ingredient in this acne product is benzoyl peroxide and even though I have exema I have used products like proactive and others with benzoyl peroxide in it before. Will my face be permanently like this? What can I do to make this go away? Am I allergic to benzoyl peroxide? Is my face chemically burned?Help please!
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012