Swollen face, eyes with reddening, eased after stopping sulfa drugs, swollen eyelids in the morning. Serious?

About 2 weeks ago I had an allergic reation to something I may have eaten, it is yet to be determined and my face swelled up and turned bright red. My eyes were so swollen that I could hardly see. I went to emergency and the doctor there just told me to take an antihistimine and if it doesn t go away then come back. Well I did as he suggested and the swelling didn t go down, so I went again to emergency and this time a different doctor asked all that I had been eating and doing etc. I am allergice to sulfa drugs and was taking hydrochlorthazide (sp?) which he told me contains sulfa and he suggested i stop it for a couple of weeks and in the meantime prescribed prednazone for 5 days. After 3 weeks my face finally went back to normal and I am going to look further into what I am allergic to. However in the mean time I have just contracted a cold and I ve had it for 3 days now and every morning my eyes, especially my upper eyelids are extremely swollen and this is not normal for me......I have been applying ice packs but is there something else you can this normal for some people to have extremely swollen upper eyelids...or should I be looking further into this?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012