Swollen elbow, warmth, painful to touch, no injury. Should I try compresses and Benadryl?

Two days ago I felt pain like I had a pimple or ingrown hair On my elbow . Upon examining it I could not find any marks. Now two days later my elbow has swelled up significantly and is rather warm. The pain is only upon touch. I have not suffered any injury to the elbow recently or played any sports that would have aggravated it. Wondering if I should go to the ER or Dr. Or if I should try compresses and Benadryl first. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012