Swollen elbow, warm and moderate pain. Advil helps sometimes. Have gout in toe. Any thoughts ?

Yes, my elbow is swollen, warm, and pain is moderate to severe. been told gout in my toe in the past. on and off for 3 years. now at times in my knee and elbow but never this severe in my elbow. have takn multiple meds and nothing has ever made a bit of difference except advil . 3-4 200mg 3 times a day helps the pain. 3-4 days later...gone. toe was usually night time. elbow has been day time. worst this afternoon and now than ever. was also tested for uric acid and was told levels were not high even during attacks
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012