Swollen cheek, bump in jawline, tender, no decaying tooth. X rays done. Is it inflamed nerve?

My 4 year old son has a swollen cheek and you can feel a bump at the jawline. It only hurts when you touch it. I took him to an urgent care today and the Dr. Looked inside his mouth and didn't see any decaying tooth. I took him to the dentist a month and he didn't have any cavities then. At the urgent care the took x-rays, but nithingcoul be seen. Could it be an inflamed nerve? Should I follow up with the pediatrician, or the dentist?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013