Swollen calves, ankles and feet, related to liver and Hepatitis C infection ?

both of my husband s calves, ankles and feet are swollen and very tight, along with a red blotchy rash . A recent blood test said his red blood cell count was low. He has an appt with a doctor on Monday, but has been complaining of pain today. Urgent care visit gave him lasix and bactrim , stating it could be an infection. He had a chest x-ray and it was ok. I m just worried this is more of a serious issue that requires an ER visit versus waiting till Monday. He was diagnosed with Hep C, and slight liver cirrosis about 12 years ago, but tests after two treatments with interferon came back clear and the doctor said he could no longer see any sign of it. Could any of what he is experiencing have to do with his liver? The calves are very tight to the touch.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012