Swollen calf, itchy, dry skin. Elevated leg, cold soaks done. History of diabetes. Treatment?

I was forced to do a very long walk yesterday, 11.2 miles. When I finally got home, I noticed that my right foot , ankle, and part of my calf is very swollen. plus there is a 2 inch thick brownish red area almost all the way around my calf, that is sore and itchy, and the skin is extremely dry. there is a sore on the back of my calf that is almost dime sized, which is probably from me itching my calf when I was walking. I have elevated my leg, done a cold soak, but nothing seems to work. this is day 2 of this and it really has me concerned. I m 43, and since I have diabetes it has heightened my concern.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012