Swollen bump in earlobe, popped it. Is it due to overuse of oil?

there was a fairly large, swollen bump in my earlobe year the side of my neck, i have very healthy stretched lobes and regularly use various bio- oils like vitamin E , but the oil i have used in the past couple of days is Jojoba oil, a much more thin oil. i noticed the bump last nigh, as it came on very quickly. i decided to sleep it off and in the morning i took another look at it. i took my jewelry out and successfully popped it just like any zit i would have on my face. im assuming that this is just like any other pimple , resulting from a possible overuse of the oil. but i wanted a second opinion.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013