Swollen bruised ankles, breaking out with raised red spots, difficulty standing, allergic reaction to omnicef or cefdinir

My four year old son has swollen bruised ankles and is breaking out with raised red spots. He is complaining that his feet hurt and doesn t stand for long periods of time before whining to sit down. I took him to the doctor and they said it is an allergic reaction to omnicef or cefdinir . Can an allergic reaction to an antibiotic cause these symptoms? If not what could it be and how can I make him feel better? Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012