Swollen bruise after an injury. Itching with greenish color change of the wound. What to do?

This may sound strange but just after halloween I had a large plastic caldron in my room and at night when it was dark I smashed my shin into the rim of it. It hurt bad for two days and swelled a little and formed a bruise the size of a small egg around the area. First it was a dark brown and then it turned bluish green. I thought it was going away but now three months later it seems to have doubled in size, turned a salmony red color with a lime green in the center and it swells slightly and the whole area ITCHES like CRAZY every day now and it wont go away....any advice would be helpful.. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
thank you for your query.

it seems from that your wound has got infected.i would advise you to start a course of anti-biotics as soon as possible.
also you can take anti-inflammatory and analgesics to reduce the pain.

clean the wound daily with anti-septic.

kindly take the above steps.if the infection doesn't subside then consult your GP once.

thank you,
wishing you good health