Swollen, blotchy and hot knee, foot tingles

from my knee radiating down about 8 inches is hot to the touch as well as blotchy and seems slightly swollen. my foot tingles a little due to the swelling i believe. I am concerned i may have been bitten by something that requires further treatment as i have just moved to north carolina and there seems to be more dangerous creatures then there was in CT. i see no bite marks but have never had this happen before.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Hi there,

You have acute inflammation of the knee joint, most likely a bacterial infection which entered through a minor breach of the overlying skin. It requires urgent X-ray/CT scan of the knee and a course of intense antibiotics (if due to infection) or other drugs, depending on the cause.

Tingling in the foot is due to compression over the nerve (supplying the foot) in the knee area due to swelling.

Consult your doctor immediately, who knows what is best for you.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal