Swollen blistery lips, yellow scabbing, split in the corner of mouth. Used ice, vaseline, no help. Suggestions ?

So, my lips were already chapped (always are in winter it seems) but the corner of my mouth even split so I had been using the medicated chap stick liberally. I have no known allergies and am a male, 32. Yesterday I woke up after going out for the night and in the dark I awoke & could feel my lips were swollen tremendously. About 3 to 4 times their size and looked like tiny little blisters were forming all the way across them, almost unnoticeable unless looked at closely. I thought my lower eye lids looked a little puffy too, but they didn t hurt. I had to go to school so I kept putting the chapstick on all day because it was driving me crazy. I must have used it every ten minutes or more frequent. It seemed the first two hours of the morning the lip swelling went down just a little. It was still bothering me though and I switched to vaseline all day and evening at home. The skin got so soft from all this (I think) that it turned white and rubbed off when I rubbed my lips from the itching. Leaving little wounds even There is also a little numbness in the lip with the pain on the outside. I think it started to swell up again some more that night, I used ice for a while and it went down slightly. I woke up today though and they were just about or as big as yesterday morning. My eyelids look normal, they were never really bad. My lip is all blistery looking with tiny bubbles all over it that you still have to look closely to see but It is scabbed over a bit kind of yellowish. Could just be the raw part healing over but it hurts and is definitely swollen awkwardly, just bulging all over the place and i can feel the tightness. There is kind of a sore in the center area inside the upper lip that was there from the start of this. I am really freaked out and have been looking online (I know not the best thing to do) at things such as allergies, Cheilitis, and staph infections and am wondering what this is and what it usually is. I have no other symptoms, mouth throat swelling etc. Just pressing my lips together slightly makes them hurt inside and out like I got punched or something. I shaved with a cheap razor on my chin and around my mouth, I don t use them normally. my chin is a little irritated but nothing like my lips, no swelling just razor bumps. Besides that I ate chicken alfredo and salad for dinner right before this happened. I feel like I have to keep something on them because the dryness causes constant irritation but don t want to aggravate it. l already skipped two important college quizzes right before finals because I felt like I couldn t leave the house today. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013